Friday, July 17, 2009

thirty --

Tomorrow, we'll be on a plane to India. The thought is so foreign and far away, yet familiar and soon at the same time. I only wonder how all my many cousins have changed, if we will all still get along, if I will still fall in love with India. I am very excited to see that brief glimpse of Bangalore and Mysore, two places that aren't Bombay and Calcutta. (I realize I haven't explored either of these cities to the fullest -- too young when I last went -- but it will be really wondrous to see a new part of India, sans relatives who may be bored with it all.)

I am excited, exhausted, and full of too many thoughts tonight. That would be what I get for not meditating today...

India, India, India: here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

about

summer 2009, thus far, has been a fascinating, rewarding adventure. studying abroad in indonesia for a month, i returned home to thereafter go to chicago for an amazing spiritual retreat for young adults. the combination of the two has me looking at life with a fresh perspective.

as i leave for india, i'll definitely continue to keep track of my experiences there, here! i'm a huge fan of the old school pen-and-paper journalling, but blogging is tons of fun too -- and a great way to stay in touch with everyone at home.

hit me up with a comment -- i'd love to hear from you all!

peace & love,
Nina

Followers