Friday, August 21, 2009

thirty-six: last entry… for now!

This post, in particular, is a little experiment in a lovely little tool called “Windows Live Writer.” Browsing through some blogs today, I came across a few writers commenting on the innovative, accessible design of this Windows tool. Basically, the program syncs with your current blog to open up what is like a Microsoft Word for your blog. Kind of like Outlook is to e-mail.

That tidbit  aside, it is definitely strange to be home. As usual, my sister and I are amazed with our surroundings – from water pressure to quiet streets. As usual, we painfully miss all of our family and think, if we just stayed a month longer… we’d finally get to see Durga Puja, Kolkata style. On the other hand, it’s great to be back with my dad and show him all the pictures of the trip, all the pictures of his family he hasn’t seen in three years. (It’s pretty nice, Smita and I agree, to sleep on a softer mattress and have access to Internet on a more regular basis. Actually, I’m mixed on this one… sometimes it feels good to just ignore the digital world and the responsibilities it involves, like answering emails promptly!)

As the school year approaches with its many responsibilities, I have made the decision to stop posting here until I once again globetrot. I don’t want to get bored of blogging – no need for me to blog the mundane stresses of college life. (I’m thinking of starting another blog.) When will I next write here? Let’s see when I’ll next globetrot. Next summer, I hope.

Until then, with love,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

about

summer 2009, thus far, has been a fascinating, rewarding adventure. studying abroad in indonesia for a month, i returned home to thereafter go to chicago for an amazing spiritual retreat for young adults. the combination of the two has me looking at life with a fresh perspective.

as i leave for india, i'll definitely continue to keep track of my experiences there, here! i'm a huge fan of the old school pen-and-paper journalling, but blogging is tons of fun too -- and a great way to stay in touch with everyone at home.

hit me up with a comment -- i'd love to hear from you all!

peace & love,
Nina

Followers